The quality of digital presentation is being continually enhanced, this is quite apparent as one of the main hassles with computers today is to continually upgrade your hardware to meet with higher quality output. While output is continually being enhanced, hard copy physical output has long been at its peak thanks to laser printers. They are hands down, the best type of printer in terms of quality and speed of output, however they do have a downside as well, lets look at its main benefits and drawbacks in comparison with other printers.
* The main advantage behind these printers is probably its efficiency and speed at printing. Laser printers are also known as ‘page printers’ as they print documents a page at a time, and performs it at a very fast rate.
* They produce highest quality output in comparison with the other types of printers. This is mainly due to the technology behind it as laser printers utilize electro-photography for printing which results in quality output.
* While it is a small issue, noise can be very unproductive and disturbing specially at a work place, laser printers are highly optimized and barely emits any sound.
* They also offer user-friendliness with other features like self-printing, where printing maybe done without supervision thus increasing productivity at the workplace.
* With the extra benefits in comparison with other printers, they are a lot more costly.
* Laser printers are powerful and utilize complex technology and perform fast output, the result of which is a relatively large hardware device which can take up a lot of space.
* As they are non-impact printers, multipart stationary cannot be used thus duplicate printing cannot be simultaneously performed.
* While the cost is an issue, an initial investment only maybe worth it based on your organization’s or personal requirements, however maintenance, servicing and repair of this hardware device is also very high thus laser printers aren’t very economical.
* Laser printers are also known to be hazardous to the atmosphere and your health. Due to the high voltages when running the machine, small amounts of ozone are generated which can damage the ozone layer. Some laser printers are also known to emit particles that are suspected to cause respiratory diseases.
Well, there you have it, I’ve weighed out all the pros and cons, if you are planning on going for a laser printer, be sure to study the above points before making your move, the most important facts to consider would be the price, quality and speed of output you require.